Tuesday 20 December 2016

Customer Outsourcing Performance Centre

Due to the pitfalls of CRM that threatens organizational success, if developed and implemented inefficiently, standards of quality and implementation must be set as guides for the organization to follow. “The lack of… set standards for CRM has hindered efforts to measure and benchmark best practice – a pre-requisite to helping achieve improved performance in CRM” (Payne 2006: 296). Due to this need, some leading organizations that have been implementing efficient CRM in the last decade have set certain standards that may help other organizations make decisions regarding CRM planning and implementation.


For instance, the Customer Outsourcing Performance Centre (COPC) has set certain standards by which CRM may be designed and implemented. These standards include: 1. Performance standards, includes customer satisfaction, product and service quality, employee satisfaction and supplier performance. 2. Processes, includes process control, supplier management, internal quality audits and product development. 3. People, includes recruitment and development, compensation, recognition and the work environment of employees.

4. Planning and leadership, includes leadership, planning and performance review. The UK telecommunications company has also set up various questions by which organizations may base the needs of the organization in assessing CRM. The ability of organizations to answer these questions will help them determine their strengths and weaknesses, their accomplishments, as well as other goals that they need to plan for and achieve. 1. Does my organization demonstrate leadership in CRM?

How do I compare with other organizations? 2. How satisfied are my customers with the products and services offered by my organization? What is the lifetime value of my customers? How can I be more cost-effective in delivering customer service to them? How effective and integrated is the access that my customers use to reach my bcg matrix of nestle 2016? How effective are the customer solutions and applications that enable my customers to obtain my products and services? 

How do I manage the customer information used and generated at each customer contact to deliver the maximum value from my customers? Do I have the skilled and motivated people to deliver my products and services to customers? Does my organization have the appropriate customer-related processes to deliver quality products and services? 4. Does my organization have the appropriate Performance and Reporting procedures to measure the impact of CRM strategy and operations on the organization?

No comments:

Post a Comment